Although Gordon Sinclair accepts artwork in any form or format, electronic art is the best method to ensure speedy and accurate production. Please ensure all artwork includes the format used, a distributor name, PO number and contact name.
Imprint Size and Position
Order must clearly specify if artwork is one side, two sides, opposite handle, or wrapped around. Order must also clearly state if artwork is exact to size, or should be enlarged or reduced. If a specific placement location is required, even on repeat orders, this must be specified on the purchase order otherwise Gordon Sinclair will not be held responsible for incorrect placement. IF NOT SPECIFIED, EVEN ON A REPEAT PO, ART PLACEMENT WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ART DEPARTMENT.
7 pt font size is the minimum in order to print clearly. Curved lines must be a minimum of 0.5 pt thickness to print, straight lines must be a minimum of 1.2 pt thickness to print. There must be a minimum of 0.75 pt thickness clear space between objects in order to print without filling in.
Tolerance on multi-color tight registration artwork is 1/16”.
This tolerance is industry standard and must be considered acceptable.
There will be a $20.00 (V) typesetting charge for all straight-line copy, up to three lines. Unless otherwise specified, type style is at the discretion of the art department.
Gordon Sinclair uses the latest technology in MACINTOSH-BASED systems. We reserve the right to reject any art that is not considered camera ready. Files must be vector format with all fonts converted to outlines, curves or paths. Any artwork that may need to be recreated will be charged at an hourly rate of $75.00(v). Artwork will be quoted before production begins. We accept the following formats: AI, PDF, EPS. Please make sure that all files are embedded before sending. Bitmap files must be saved at a minimum of 300 dpi and at 100% of the final output size.
- Convert all type to curves, paths or outlines (vector art). If this is not possible, send in Macintosh version screen and printer fonts used for the job to be printed.
- For multi-color orders, use Pantone spot colors and indicate exact PMS color numbers.
- If line screen or dot pattern is used, a 35-line screen must be used with percentages no less than 10% or greater than 40%. Files that include gradients or blends will need alterations for optimum printing quality.
- When supplying a disk, please provide a hard copy or faxed copy output for proofing purposes. On multi-color orders, please indicate color breaks.
- All Quark files need to be "collected for output." Include all placed-files along with MAC screen and printer fonts used in the document.
- 300 DPI is the lowest resolution for bitmap format and art should be sent to the requested imprint size.
Imprint ColorsGordon Sinclair offers a variety of inks at no additional charge. PMS colors are paper colors and will be used for reference only. Due to the nature of ceramics, glass and the firing process, absolute exact matches cannot be guaranteed. A pre-production proof is strongly recommended when imprint colors are critical
Halftones are printed at 60dpi and must be reviewed and approved by the Art Department prior to printing. A pre-production sample may be mandatory.
Satin Etch Ink imprint simulates an ‘etched’ look and is considered a standard imprint color.PMS color matching is $30.00 (V) per color
Disk/CD/100MB Zip/MAC and PC Email art to email@example.com. Please include a color print of all electronic art.
If you are sending art via e-mail, please refer to the following in the "subject" field:
E-mails received without identification will be returned to sender delaying the production time.
- Distributor's Name
- Purchase Order Number
- Contact Name
We can accept compressed files, if necessary, with Stuffit, Win-Zip, or Self extracting archive (.sea).
Microsoft office programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, etc.) are not graphics programs and are not acceptable file formats. Gordon Sinclair can recreate or alter most formats to meet printing requirements, but a delay in the production schedule and additional charges may occur.